… the journey of a piece in the making.
It wasn’t until I was a quarter of the way through the piece when I realized that I hadn’t started taking pictures. I laid out the beads first in order to get a feel for what I was doing. I was putting this piece together at the gas station where I worked. I wanted to string it at first, but then I realized that I didn’t have enough crimp beads, and I had forgotten to pack extras. Oh, well, after a choice word or two, I had to improvise. It wasn’t like it was the first time I had to do that.
I turned wire into jump rings to link most of the first strand together. I deliberated for a moment or two before I added swirls to the piece. So I added them at every other space and worked on the other leg of the first strand.
I played with the jump rings for a few minutes when I realized that they were the perfect size to make a chainmaille addition to the wire jewelry. Unfortunately, the finishing of the piece was going to have to wait until the next time. I had forgotten my glasses, and after a few of these, I started to get a headache from the eye strain. You would think that I would learn by now.
I bought this pendant at a Michael’s (a craft store). It had been sitting in storage for a while. It wasn’t until I took a look at the piece when I thought that the pendant would be quite at home as the main centerpiece.
What better way to link two strands together in the front than a few barrel chainmaille weaves and a modified byzantine weave as well. I had to adjust the strands so that they would lay flat when worn. That proved to be the tricky part of the whole piece.