This is a friend on mine I made on Facebook. She pours all heart into everything she makes and does. I hope you can take the time to visit her shop, and like her page. She does auctions for great causes!
What got you into making jewelry?
I have been doing some sort of “art” since I was young, but as I got older it came out of need. I was a single parent and made jewelry to sell for much needed extra money.
2. Have you always made pieces from precious metals and gemstones?
No, when I first start making jewelry, I used cording and wooden beads, I made macrame bracelets, earrings, necklaces, wall hangings, and plant hangers.
3. How long have you been crafting jewelry?
I first starting making jewelry when I was a teenager, so that was many moons ago.. lol
It’s been at least 40 years from when I first starting making jewelry. At times, I would stop for years. Then, I took it up again seriously 9 years ago.
4. How long does it generally take you to smith a piece, such a bracelet, generally?
It depends on the type of bracelet it is. Anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour, if all is going well.
5. Do you sell through any other outlets?
I have a Facebook business page, and on Etsy, that it’s right now. In the past I have done craft shows.
6. What or who turned you onto selling through etsy?
I stumbled upon Etsy in a Google search.
8. I know you raise money for animal shelters. How often do you have auctions? Can you provide some of the shelter links?
I try to have at least one auction a month on my business page.
Here are some of the rescues that I have donated too.
Tiger Lily Cat Rescue,
NBS Animal Rescue
Animal Welfare Society of Southeastern Michigan
Hopeful Heart Rescue
It’s A Pittie Rescue
Southwest Michigan German Shepard Rescue
7. If there is a piece of advice you would give to those that are curious about making jewelry, what would it be?
It’s takes a lot of time and dedication, don’t give up!! If you have a business page, interact with your customers as much a possible. It’s something I enjoy doing, getting to know those that visit my page. I have a great group of people that are a part of my pages fan base. They are awesome!!
If you want to see more of her work, here is her shop link: